Sunday, April 28, 2013

Gregory's Coffee and Feeling "Coffeed-out"

   
I have a confession to make, as I arrive at Gregory's Coffee...
 I feeling slightly "coffeed-out."
I feel blasphemous just typing up the the phrase. I love coffee, right? We all know that. I have an enormous sense of guilt whenever these rare days occur.

It's like betraying a friend. I'm sorry, coffee. I don't want to be that person. We've established a strong bond and I believe in you.

Good. I just had to get that off my chest.


I like the layout in the front. So does this man who had no choice but to be immortalized in this photo. 

Gregory's Coffee is in the midst of the craziness that is Times Square. The easiest way to spot the tourists from non-tourists is by going to Times Square. 90% of those people are tourists. NYC Natives avoid that place like a death-trap. Gregory's Coffee is located at 6th Avenue and 44th Street. It's one of five locations, three of which are located within Midtown. It can be spotted by its logo, a pair of large, green glasses. F. Scott Fitzgerald would be proud, it's very Gatsby-esque. I presume Gregory watches over all of us.


What a nice set-up. There are pastries and yogurt further on the right of the counter. 

The baristas are lively and nice. The scheme is black-and-white with various splashes of color. Some classic New York photographs hang on the wall. Mellow pop music plays in the background. The clientele is mainly business people. So, lots of blazers, laptops and bags-under-the-eyes. 

The coffee itself is a smooth medium-blend. It's good, but honestly nothing about it is truly remarkable. It's strong enough to wake you up, but not to make you a regular here. I will say that it is a nice atmosphere. It's relatively quiet and very clean, but not my first choice for coffee.


Coffee: 7/10, Good
Location: Midtown (6th Avenue and 44th) 
Atmosphere: Clean and accessible, good for business 
Cost: Under $3
Recommend: Sure
http://gregoryscoffee.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment